HIRING AN ANIMATOR
Hey people! We are looking for a new animator to join our killer team here in Halifax, NS. The ideal candidate has a bit of experience (2-3 years) under his or her belt designing motion graphics for broadcast, web, and/or multimedia. But a strong portfolio will beat out experience any day in our eyes.
We like to break lots of rules, but there are some steadfast ones we like to follow like design principles, workflow, and timelines. The ability to take direction and finish projects according to schedule is crucial to this position. You will work closely with producers, art director, and other team members to deliver quality results under high-pressure deadlines. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and editing software. Gold stars will be awarded to people with an understanding of 3D animation or special skills.
We work hard, but we play hard too. If you think you could be the right fit, send a link to your portfolio and a note about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Now here's some of the boring technical requirements...)
- Designing concept mood boards, storyboards, animation sketches, and animatics
- Designing and producing final motion graphics involving typography, photography, live video and/or 3D animation
- Producing projects ranging from end tags, bumpers, 30-sec videos to longer format corporate productions
- Working closely with creative team, project managers, third-part collaborators and clients to deliver completed projects
- A minimum of 3 years related education or 3 years motion design work experience...kinda. (again... preference to strong portfolios above all.)
- Serious attention to detail with a strong working knowledge of motion/design-related applications
- Ability to articulate creative ideas in verbal and written communication
- Focused creative thinking while multi-taking on several assignments and overlapping deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work well with others and as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe CC Suite, particularly: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Some knowledge of video editing software
- Some knowledge of VFX and compositing (motion tracking, creating track mattes, chroma keying)
- Some knowledge of 3D Animation platforms such as Cinema 4D or Element 3D a definite advantage